Monday 13 April 2015

Hey, it's a brand new blog...I've never seen one of these before

Blimey, you must be keen.

Thanks for stumbling across the first post on We are all made of comms. Congratulations, by the way, because this was never pushed out to anyone - you've been keen enough to look at older posts. Bless you. Go and buy yourself something nice and pretend it was from me (wrap it up badly, if you want it to feel authentic.)

So, what's this all about. Well, I've been blogging on all manner of topics for many years now, and thought it was about time that I used the channel to talk about what matters to me at work. In short, I'm rising from my seat in the circle, taking a deep breath and saying

"Hello, I'm Tim, and I've been a communicator for more years than I can remember and I need to talk about it".

Thank you for accepting me into the group. I'm going to use this blog to talk about those comms things that could do with a bit of attention.

There are tons of blogs with titles like 'Empowering people through communications' or 'The 10 things a great boss will always say'. I know, I see them when I'm clearly looking for jobs networking on LinkedIn.

So, I've decided to tackle some of the more oblique issues. Over the course of the blog we'll talk about badly made signs, those things about email you thought only wound you up, and eventually you'll all want to either clutch me to your bosom or tell me I'm getting on your tits. Either way, we'll all have got something off our chest.

Thanks again for stopping by, hope you enjoy the rest of this blog, and feel free to share your thoughts if you want - we're all friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment